Monday, June 30, 2014

Hitting milestones

Matthew amazes me every day, and lately he has been hitting milestones that we haven't even been working on. For example, I walked downstairs this morning and Matthew was playing with a toy on the floor. Out of the blue, he started clapping to himself, because he was proud that he had made the toy do what it was supposed to do. I rarely ever clap for him, I say yay Matty or pat him on the back, but clapping just hasn't been something that I do on a regular basis, and yet, he suddenly knows how to do it? Amazing!

He has also been getting pretty ballsy and will get himself to a standing position and just let go. Nine times out of 10 he falls on his rear end, but sometimes he can let go, stand by himself for a few seconds and then grab a hold of the table or the pack n play again without losing his balance. When he accomplishes this, he starts cheering for himself. His hoots and hollers are just too cute for words.

And finally, he started doing "so big." I'll go how big is Matty, and he'll throw his arms in the air to show me just how big he is. Again, we hadn't been working on this for any significant length of time, but he picked it up nonetheless. These may seem like silly or small feats to you, but to a first time mom, seeing my child accomplish these milestones is just such a blessing. I could literally watch him laugh and play all day long and just smile from ear to ear.

I am so proud of my little guy. Tomorrow is daddy's first time taking Matthew to the doctor's by himself, I can't wait to hear how it goes and how big Matty Matt really is getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment