Wednesday, June 25, 2014

nine months on the outside

It's crazy to think that Matthew is already nine months old - the same amount of time it took to bake him. When I was nine months pregnant, all I wished for was to go into labor, so that I could finally meet him. What I didn't know was just how much my life would change once he became a full part of it.

When I was on light bed rest the last week leading up to his birth, I'd talk to him and sing to him all day long while I was surfing the net, adding songs to his baby playlist and watching hours upon hours of television. (There wasn't a whole lot I could do, because of my high blood pressure, so sitting my large butt on the couch was pretty much all I did during that time period.) Even then, I'd play this game with him where I would press lightly on one part of my stomach and he'd kick me on the opposite side. Then, I'd press lightly on the side he had just kicked and he'd punch me on the other side. We had already established this undeniable bond even though we hadn't officially met face to face at that point. Heck at nine months pregnant, I didn't even know he was a boy yet.

Today, Matty and I still have a strong bond, and I could still sit my butt on the couch for hours and sing and talk to him if life allowed me to do that. Although, nowadays, getting him to sit still for more than 5 minutes is a challenge. This kid wants to go, go, go. He's crawling and getting into EVERYTHING, and now that he can pull himself up to a standing position, it's only a matter of time until he takes off walking. As it is, my little daredevil tries to let go, unsuccessfully, countless times a day.

He's growing up so fast. I just wish time would slow down just a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment