Friday, July 25, 2014

10 months old... SOO BIG!

Yesterday, Matthew turned 10 months old. He's officially been on the outside longer than he was in the inside. It's crazy how quickly this time has gone, and yet, I can't seem to remember life before him.

I was discussing this phenomenon just the other day with my good friend, another new mom. We couldn't figure out how, before kids, we managed our time. Between work, family and friends and household chores, I felt like I was always pretty busy. But now? I can't seem to find a minute to myself, let alone get all the things I want to finished before the next day, spend quality time with family and friends, have quiet time with the husband and take care of the baby. I must have grown super human powers when I became a mom, because even though life has drastically changed, I wouldn't trade it in for my old life in a million years. I'd gladly take changing diapers, nightly baths, soothing baby to sleep at all hours of the night and kissing boo boos over nights out at bars, fancy dinners and shopping sprees.

At 10 months old, Matthew is a crawling pro and standing on his own unassisted for short periods of time. Some days, he even looks as though he's going to take off running, which I anticipate will happen any day now. He is a great eater and wants whatever mommy has on her plate - so long spicy food and added salt. He says mama and dada and I think he's finally starting to associate what those two words actually mean. Marley is his best friend. He feeds her cheerios every morning from his high chair and likes to play games with Marley's crate. He's a cuddle bug, and, although he's shy at first, he opens up pretty quickly in new surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment