Friday, March 14, 2014

Touched by Blue4Ben

There is a family that doesn't live too far from me that is going through the unthinkable - one of their 4 year old boys, Ben, has in incurable cancer.

Ben's mom has blogged about fer family's experience and her unwavering faith in God. Ben was a happy, healthy 4 year old just a few months ago, and now, he's been given weeks to live. The Western New York community has rallied behind this family. Businesses, landmarks, and other moms and children have gone "Blue 4 Ben," and have been wearing blue in support of this courageous little boy. His mother explained that she often dresses Ben in blue so others can tell the difference between her identical twins. From what she describes, Ben is full of life with a kind heart and a lot to give to the world. It makes you stop and question why God would do this to this poor family. What could His big plan be, and why would He need to take this little boy away from his parents, his twin brother and his younger sister?

My heart breaks for this mother and her family. She explains their lives now and how it has so dramatically changed and yet, they are trying to keep things normal for all of the little ones.  I often wonder how this mother has the strength to live her every day life knowing her child's days are limited unless God grants her a miracle. I pray that He does. I pray that through the power of prayer this little boy makes it. That she will see both of her sons graduate kindergarten, high school, college and then go on to get married and have children of their own.

After reading her blog posts, I find myself holding on to my son a little tighter. I find myself crying for this family and praying that they get through this.


No comments:

Post a Comment