Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Winter Sickness Be Gone!

This winter has been brutal on Matthew. A few weeks ago, he had his first ear infection and first round of antibiotics. In three years, I thought this was a pretty good record until we quickly found out he was allergic to amoxicillin. Full body hives, swollen eyes, puffy cheeks and a swollen wrist earned him a trip to the ER or the "hospital hotel" as he called it.

That was the scariest night of my life. The 17 minute trip to Children's Hospital was the longest 17 minutes of my life. Luckily, he wasn't struggling to breath, but he was congested and itchy. He was scratching so hard that I thought he was going to scratch his skin right off. After 3 days of steroids and new antibiotics, my Matty Matt was back to his old self.

That was until this past Sunday morning. He's sick again. This time with a terrible cough, fever and mucus overload.  It just keeps coming. With each sneeze a flood of thick mucus pours out. Last night, we slept a total of 2.5 hours. He couldn't get comfortable and every time he laid down the coughing fits began.

He just can't catch a break this year. God was kind to me last year with the new job, because Matt was barely sick. This year, it's been a rotating cycle of illnesses.

Thank goodness he's still in pretty good spirits... all things considered... because this tired mama could not handle it if there were any more obstacles to conquer this year.

I know things could be so much worse and I'm grateful for the good health of both of my littles, but when your running on coffee and fumes, a cold seems like your conquering Mt. Everest.

Cheers to all the moms who are having it rough this disease-infested winter. Here's hoping for a warm and sunny summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment