Monday, August 18, 2014

And he's off and running!

I came home one day from work last week to see my 10.5 month old walk to me. He's been cruising for a good month using just his finger to support himself as he moves along various household furniture to get where he wants to go, and then one day he just took off. He's still unsteady and has a record of about 10 steps in a row before falling, but I am so proud of my little dude, and let me tell you, he's proud of himself, too. That grin of his goes from ear to ear and he's just so happy and pleased with himself when he walks to where he wants to go... usually into mommy's arms.

He's also a little chatter box nowadays. What does he say? I have no idea, but he thinks the stories he's telling me are just the funniest in the world. If I were narrating his gibberish it probably sounds something like this... "You'll never guess what I did to Marley today. When she least expected it, I snuck up behind her and yanked out a fistful of hair, and then she gave me lots of kisses. Isn't that so funny mommy?" Or something like, "You'll never guess what I did to daddy. When he was changing me, I scooted out from underneath him and peed all over the floor. I am hilarious!" And finally, "I am going to wake you up at least four times tonight mommy. Just be prepared, because I know that the only way you'll come into my room is if I stand up and yell Ma over and over again. I am onto your games and I will win."

No comments:

Post a Comment